Monday, January 21, 2008
Boot Camp!
Hello from sunny Abu Dhabi! Thankfully the rains have gone, and now we are enjoying nice, cool weather. I am still hunting around for a job, so to help fill the time, I have joined an exercise "boot camp." The group was organized by two American women - one who has lived in Abu Dhabi for about 15 years (a friend of my Aunt Joan's) and another who has been here for about 5 months, whose husband works as a military liaison at the US embassy. There are two women in the group from the US embassy, a couple Canadians, an Australian, and three men. We meet twice a week and exercise on the corniche, the stretch of land along the northern shore of Abu Dhabi (we definitely get a few stares from male pedestrians). The class began with a fitness evaluation, which we will complete again at the end of 4 months to compare the results. Let's just say that I have a lot of room for improvement. I am so sore from yesterday's class that I could hardly get out of bed this morning! Luckily our next class this week is cancelled due to the big Elton John concert, so I'll have some extra time to recover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, do you have the contact info of the trainers? Ive been looking for a personal trainer since forever in ABu Dhabi.
Cheers,
M
Post a Comment